The Life of the Strange
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Five Guys Diner

3 posters

Go down

The Five Guys Diner Empty The Five Guys Diner

Post by Stella Ricci Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:57 am

The Five Guys Diner Mack-diner-1-kw1

An old retro diner famous for its burgers and fries. Many teens work here for a part time job after school. It has only one floor and has been known as a hot place for werewolves.

It is owned by an elderly christian man who hardly ever checks up on the place. It doesn't have many rules besides the law of the city, state, ext.

The diner is open on Mon.-Sat., closed on Sundays. It is open from 4:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
Stella Ricci
Stella Ricci
Admin

https://thelifeofthestrange.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Five Guys Diner Empty Re: The Five Guys Diner

Post by Callum Stuart Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:11 pm

Callum pushed open the door to the diner, pulling a large dolley cart inside. He went to the counter, standing awkwardly and waiting for a worker. On the cart were large buckets with tightly closed lids, the buckets held a variety of dead fish and shellfish. He noticed a bell on the counter, and thus he rang it. As he waited, he checked the lids on the buckets to make sure they were sealed tightly.
Callum Stuart
Callum Stuart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Ricci Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:14 pm

Stella was busy in the back helping wash the dishes with another employee when she heard the bell up front ring. She paused doing the dishes and dried her hands. The diner wasn't very busy, it only had about ten people. She sighed as she walked up to the front, "yes sir, may I help you?" she placed a hand on her hip and tilted her head. Her 'senses' were acting up. The man in front of her smelled so strong of salt water it almost made her gag. 'Its just the fish.' she thought, convincing herself of that.
Stella Ricci
Stella Ricci
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Callum Stuart Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Callum raised a brow and nodded to the dolley cart, "late shipment. Fresh out of the water, killed properly. Five dollars a bucket, eight buckets." He held out his hand, "Forty dollars, please." He said slowly. He felt uneasy around the girl, who he learned was named Stella after reading her name-tag. He didn't have heightened senses, but he felt something was up with her that meant he should be cautious around the girl. "I also need you to sign for it."
Callum Stuart
Callum Stuart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Ricci Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:24 pm

Stella sighed and nodded, "alright, alright" she waved her hand at him aimlessly. She walked over to the cash register and counted out 40 bucks. She recounted it three times before nodding to herself and going over to the man holding out the money. "Where do I sign?" she tilted her head, her bangs falling to the side as she stared at him cautiously. He didn't seem very trustworthy but, she had to pay the guy and sign for the stuff otherwise she was likely to be fired and she could not afford that.
Stella Ricci
Stella Ricci
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Callum Stuart Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:31 pm

Callum pocketed the money and grabbed a clipboard, "under twelve slash twenty-eight." He said, pointing to the date on the board. "Where do I unload this? In the kitchen?" He asked, grabbed the dolley cart and raising a brow. As he waited he brought the money back out and counted it out, just to make sure it really did amount up to forty dollars. He nodded, satisfied, and pocketed the money once more in his pocket. "Or is there a supply room I take it too?"
Callum Stuart
Callum Stuart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Jones Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Lucas slowly stepped into the diner, looking around awkwardly. it was quite empty. He stiffly walked over to a table and sat down, feeling the cold gun in his pocket press against his leg. He looked around the diner and smiled a bit, it seemed old and quaint. It made him feel comfortable.  He liked it. Then he remembered why he had come. He had heard rumors that the diner had multiple reports of werewolf sightings, sightings that the police didn't believe and ruled as wild dogs and some wolves from further up north.
Lucas Jones
Lucas Jones
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Ricci Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:54 pm

Stella smelled the human at the entered, shuddering at the smell of gunpowder. She slid open a slab on the side of the counter, "I'll take the dolly" she spoke calmly, signing the contract and taking the dolly into her hands rolling it back into the kitchen, disappearing behind the doors. She rolled it into the freezer, unloading the crates of fish slowly. She sniffed each crate, none of them had such a strong smell of saltwater. She grimaced and scrunched her nose up. That man out there wasn't human. She knew it now, she just didn't know what he was.
Stella Ricci
Stella Ricci
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Callum Stuart Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:08 pm

Callum glanced the the human, having noticed Stella's shudder when he enter, he could only assume she was not human. As he waited for Stella to return with the trolley, he decided he'd figure out what was up with the human. He took a seat across from him, "I haven't seen you before," he chuckled, "how about I order for you, hmm? What do you want? Coffee? Hot Chocolate? A pastry perhaps?" He tried to come off as friendly as possible, which was weird for him to do. Yet, he needed to know if the human was a threat to him, and so he continued his charade.
Callum Stuart
Callum Stuart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Jones Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Lucas had been fiddling with his fingers when he jumped hearing someone sit down with him. He smiled awkwardly and slumped down in his seat, "u-um sure, thanks..." he spoke softly, slowly sitting up. "I was born here, but I don't do much going out..." he rubbed the back of his head. He looked down at the table, not making any eye contact, too awkward. "U-Um, a hot chocolate would be nice though." he slowly looked up at Callum, quickly looking down again. He was wearing a loose white button up with jeans and black converse with a loose black jacket and his hair in a fluffed up fashion.
Lucas Jones
Lucas Jones
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Ricci Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:21 pm

Stella sighed and stretched sniffing at the dolly, trying to pick up a familiar scent. She paused, getting some kind of smell. Kelpie. However, it was faint and not that strong. Maybe another employee was a kelpie that used the dolly. Stella shook her head and sighed. She was hoping it was a kelpie. That would have been bad for business. She couldn't have creatures coming to find people to drown. However, there weren't a lot of open fishers who costed as little as Callum did. Stella decided to let it go for the time, walking out with the dolly watching Callum and Lucas with narrowed eyes.
Stella Ricci
Stella Ricci
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Callum Stuart Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:48 pm

"Well you should get out more." He chuckled. He walked to the counter, "May I order two hot chocolates?" He asked Stella, his eyes narrowing as he tried to figure out what she was. "Oh, and I'll take my dolley with me when I leave. Is that okay?" He asked as he counted out the money to pay for the drinks. He kept a level gaze with Stella, trying to also learn what she thought of him. He couldn't have himself being discovered as a Kelpie, that would be dangerous for him and his little brother.
Callum Stuart
Callum Stuart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Jones Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:52 pm

Lucas nodded slowly as he listened to Callum. He shifted uncomfortably, looking around the diner silently. He leaned back on the seat and crossed his legs like a girl, placing his arms in his lap. He watched the interaction between Callum and Stella silently, raising a brow. They both seemed so tense. Paranoid thoughts filled his head of them being monsters. Fighting for prey, fighting for territory. He swallowed a lump in his throat and calmed himself. If they were monsters, they weren't bothering him, at least not now, so there was no need to try and attack, kill, or hunt them.
Lucas Jones
Lucas Jones
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Ricci Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:54 pm

Stella slid the dolly out from behind the counter and towards Callum, "yeah, I'll bring those out in a second." she sighed taking out her notepad and writing down the order and cost before sliding it into her pocket once more. "Be careful out on those waves, I've heard they're as uncontrollable as wild horses some days." she shrugged and walked over to the hot chocolate machine filling two mugs spraying some whip cream on top. "Want any other toppings? Peppermint? Anything?" she raised a brow over at Callum, waiting for the answer.
Stella Ricci
Stella Ricci
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Callum Stuart Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:01 pm

Callum tensed, but made himself calm down. "Guess you know I'm a surfer, huh? I must smell like salt," he lied, laughing quietly. "Sorry. I haven't gotten to shower yet. And no thank you, they are just fine like that." He said, laying the money on the counter. He took the cups and walked slowly back to the table, setting one them down. "So, if you don't get out much, why are you out wondering about at this hour?"
Callum Stuart
Callum Stuart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Jones Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:45 pm

Lucas took his cup slowly and smiled, "thank you for the drink." he spoke softly. He took a few long drinks of the hot chocolate, licking the whip cream off his upper lip before placing the mug down. He looked up at Callum hearing his question. "I prefer the night over the day time. Fewer people, quieter." he said calmly. "Especially at the pool. Way quieter there during the night than during the day" he sighed a bit.
Lucas Jones
Lucas Jones
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Ricci Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Stella rolled her eyes at Callum once he was turned around. She took the money and walked to the cash register putting the money in. She glanced at the time and watched as the person with the next shift walked in. She went to the employee room and changed into her casual clothes and put her uniform up. She then walked out and left the diner heading home, excited to get a shower and some sleep.
Stella Ricci
Stella Ricci
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Callum Stuart Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:00 pm

Callum nodded, then decided to poke at Lucus some more with his next question. "I heard some rumors that there are supernatural beings around here. I think it's a load of shit myself.. never seen anything odd. What about you?" He asked, raising a brow. He never did take a sip of his hot chocolate, or even touch the mug for that matter. He had his interest placed on Lucus. He shook his head, "I never did introduce myself. I'm Callum."
Callum Stuart
Callum Stuart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Jones Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Lucas tensed at the question, his heart rate increasing greatly. He sighed a bit and leaned back. "Um... Well, I've seen some things, probably just my mind playing tricks on me though." he laughed a bit awkwardly, trying to keep calm. "And, pleasure to meet you, I'm Lucas." he bowed his head slightly. He drank some more of his coco, licking up all the whip cream. He was quite a fan of the sweet fluffy stuff.
Lucas Jones
Lucas Jones
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Callum Stuart Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:36 pm

"Well, just because I think there isn't anything here doesn't mean I don't believe in it. What have you seen?" He asked, giving him a hard, questioning stare. He took a spoon and scooped the whipped cream out of his cup, placing it in Lucas'. "I've heard rumors on werewolves, vampires.. water spirits." He said, which was all true. He heard the older fisherman talking while out on their pier.
Callum Stuart
Callum Stuart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum